Wednesday 27 August 2014

Hair Care Routine | leeannpatricia


Hi guys! How have you all been recently? 
Today I've decided to share with you my hair care routine, its pretty simple but I thought someone may be interested!

So I know its pretty gross, but I rarely brush my hair purely because it turns into a frizzy mess! The only problem with this is that brushing knots out of my hair is... painful. I find that washing my hair too much can actually make my hair super greasy! Plus it's not good for your hair washing it daily anyway! So I wash my hair every other day, but shower daily! 
Now your probably wondering how I know that washing your hair daily isn't great? Well studying hairdressing for three years and getting a full qualification out of it, is always helpful. 

Anyway, moving on. For the products I use! Its pretty obvious that when I wash my hair I use shampoo and conditioner, so heres a little bit of information about the products I use. 


Now I use Aussie products, as they are literally my holy grail products. So for shampoo I use the Colour Mate Shampoo, which is obviously for coloured hair. I only colour my hair about once a year but I still find my hair becomes very dry after having bleach on it, but I find this shampoo helps keeping the colour vibrant and protects it from chemical damage. For conditioner, I used to use the matching one but I find that my hair wasn't getting enough moisture from it. Anyway, I picked up the Miracle Moist Conditioner, for dry and damaged hair and it works wonders! When the conditioner is on my hair I always brush it through. I found that since using this conditioner makes my hair feels so much softer and healthier. And by the way, both products smell AMAZING!

Now there are a couple of other steps that I do after I get out the shower..
The next step is putting oils in my hair, which has became a key step in my hair care routine!


I like to put oils in my hair as recently it has been getting pretty dry, so I stopped using as much heat, such as curlers and straighteners on my hair and started using oils! Now this product is called Moroccanoil, and it leaves a stunning result to my hair, it also makes my hair feel so nice and smelling beautiful. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I prefer to apply it to my hair when its been freshly washed, as I find the results are even better. Sometimes I do use it on dry hair when I feel like my hair needs a bit of life pushed into it. However this product can be a little bit expensive, so I buy the smallest bottle which can last a long time (which is great). 

So I don't use my heat on my hair as much as I used to, but I still like to put heat protection on my hair so I know its protected for any heat I may use randomly.


There are two different types of heat sprays I like to use, the one on the left is really cheap but does the job. I find that this is the one I use more when my hair has been freshly washed. It protects the hair against any heat damage and adds shine when using straighteners, curling tongs and hair dryers which is a bonus! The one on the right is more for when you are straightening your hair and this is more expensive out of the two as its Toni&Guy. Now it has maximum heat protection for straight styles, this product protects against any heat damage, it conditions and smooths and also boosts natural shine.
However I never use any heat when drying my hair, I find that leaving my hair to dry naturally saves it from being damaged anymore! Its just a personal preference but it doesn't mean that it will completely damage your hair if you do so.

Now I know I don't use that many products on my hair but it works for me! For finishing products I just use Wella hairspray in number 3 (Secure hold) and thats about it!

Whats your holy grail hair product?

If you have any questions, let me know! 
Thank you for reading
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric